When a outdoor extra large zero gravity chair like this comes along it is always a refreshing change.
If like us you find the majority of outdoor zero gravity chairs to be lacking in style and fairly incomparable due to their similar looks and design. The Timber Ridge oversized padded zero gravity chair should be one that really stands out, both in looks and functionality.
Although there are cheaper oversized zero gravity chairs available on the market. Very few of them are able to compete with the good looks and ample specifications that the Timber Ridge extra wide zero gravity chair possesses.
So just what makes the Timber Ridge oversized zero gravity lounger a more preferable choice of contemporary outdoor furniture? When compared to many other extra large anti gravity recliners available.
The Weight Capacity
The first thing many will notice when looking for an XL and extra wide zero gravity lounger for the outdoors, is the size and capacity of the chair. While many extra large zero gravity chairs always feature a wider seating area than the standard style of chair. It is often surprising that many are not capable of holding a little extra weight.
The Timber Ridge xl padded anti gravity chair however, does not disappoint and features a large 350 lbs weight capacity. As you will see in the comparison table on our extra large zero gravity chair 2017 buyers guide, most extra wide oversized gravity recliners tend to have capacities of 330 lbs.
It may also come as a surprise to you that a great many oversized zero gravity loungers have a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs! A weight capacity that is fairly standard on most regular sized zero gravity outdoor chairs.
If you are looking for a strong and sturdy extra wide zero gravity chair. The Timber Ridge chair is a very wise choice in our opinion. Especially when compared to other XL variations that have lesser weight capacities.
Please note that the Blue and Earth variations of the chair (pictured left and center above) can hold 350 lbs. The camouflage variation (pictured above right) has a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Overall looks, design and comfort
As touched on slightly above, the market has become fairly saturated with low budget zero gravity loungers that all look very similar. Oversized zero gravity chairs all produced in similar colors with black plastic armrests have become very common. So when a contemporary outdoor chair like this comes along, it certainly catches the eye.
The multi tonal design is what makes this chair really stand out when it comes to looks. In addition to this, the wooden armrests also make this an outstanding and modern zero gravity chair for the outdoors.
When compared to other outdoor zero gravity loungers the Timber Ridge chair also has the advantage of having a padded seating area. A feature not often found on many zero gravity chairs from other brands. Many will agree that the comfort provided by this particular xl padded zero gravity recliner, is far superior to the comfort provided by other textilene style outdoor zero gravity loungers.
When compared to other extra large zero gravity outdoor chairs it is true that the Timber Ridge oversized zero gravity chair is a little more pricey. However taking into account the higher quality of this particular extra wide zero gravity chair and the fact it is padded, you can see why it costs a little more.
For this sort of zero gravity recliner the price seems to be about right. It is not going to put a huge dent in your wallet and it is much less expensive than opting for an XL chair from the Lafuma zero gravity chair range. Many are also unlikely to feel like the Timber Ridge chair is bad value for money due to it’s very good quality and design.
The strong and durable nature of this anti gravity recliner really shows since it has such a large weight capacity. It is also one of the highest weight capacity zero gravity chairs currently available for the outdoors.
Overall this chair is likely to be a better investment in the long run when compared to other oversized anti gravity loungers available. We would certainly say this is one of the best extra large zero gravity chairs currently available and the extra $30 – $40 really shouldn’t be too off putting to most.
What Other Buyers are Saying
The most notable and frequent compliment about this anti gravity recliner is how comfortable it is. Many are pleasantly surprised by just how comfortable the padded seat is and most are surprised that an outdoor recliner is capable of this level of comfort.
Another point that frequently comes up in the Timber Ridge zero gravity chair reviews from buyers, is the strong design and secure weight capacity.
The majority of buyers of this anti gravity chair consider it to be one of the best zero gravity chairs around. Many highlight how attractive the chair is and consider it to be of a very high quality. As you would expect from a product that has received 5 out of 5 stars from 80% of buyers at the time of writing.
As is always to be expected with any product there are a few negative reviews and these generally seem to be centered around the chairs ability to be left outdoors and remain in good condition. Timber Ridge however do state that these chairs should not be left out in the elements. It is often advised with any zero gravity chair that it is taken inside during wetter spells, to prevent any problems such as those encountered by the few that have had cause to complain.
One other slight issue some have is the weight of this particular recliner. Weighing around 21 lbs in weight, it isn’t a hugely portable option for some. This however is generally the sort of weight you would expect when opting for a padded oversized zero gravity chair. The bulky design and heavier weight is also something that is fairly common in well made chairs that provide a great deal of durability. When compared to other brands extra large models, this Timber Ridge zero gravity chair only weighs about one pound extra, so there really isn’t too much additional weight at all.
- Max Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Chair Weight: 21.2 pounds
- Package Size: 36.6 x 26.7 x 7 inches
- Back of the chair: 26.77 inches
- Depth: 21.26 inches
- Seat Width: 21.26 inches
- Adjustable Max. Length: 64.96 inches
- Seat Fabric: 600D Polyester / 600D Polyester Rip Stop
- Frame: Steel tubes
- Colors Available: Blue / Earth
Please note the Camouflage variation shown at the top of the page on the left has different specifications and a lower 300 lbs weight capacity. You can view the specifications for the camouflage variation on visiting the retailer below.
All in all this chair in our opinion is one of the best XL zero gravity chairs currently available and it is no wonder it has received such great reviews.
What we love
- The strong design and sturdy frame really set this chair apart from the rest. The 350 lbs weight capacity is in our opinion one of the best features about this chair and that’s without taking into account it’s good looks and stylish design.
- The extra padding on the seat of the chair is another excellent addition not found on many other oversized anti gravity recliners. If exceptional comfort is what you require from your outdoor recliner then the Timber Ridge zero gravity lounger chair is unlikely to disappoint.
- The stylish seat design and wooden armrests. If you are fed up with seeing the same black and tan zero gravity recliners then the earth and blue designs of this recliner should really catch your eye. The wooden armrests really add a little extra personality and even the included cup holder differs from the majority of the other products around.
- The large size is great for anyone who loves a little extra space and should be perfect for anyone taller or wider. Perfect for anyone looking for an extra wide or extra long zero gravity chair.
- The price, in our opinion this is just right when the quality of the chair is taken into account. A padded gravity chair that is very good value for money, considering it is only a few dollars more than most XL zero gravity recliners.
- It is a large zero gravity chair that reclines back a fairly decent amount. It is a common problem these days that many find their zero gravity chair does not recline back as much as they would like. As you can see from the image above in the weight capacity section this zero gravity chairs reclines to an amount most should find suitable.
Whats not so great
- Although we do not consider this a problem some may do, all be it a very minor one. Like many extra large gravity recliners this isn’t that great for carrying around by hand. Portability does generally seem to be one of the main issues most have with extra large zero gravity chairs. However at present this chair weighs around the same weight as the majority of other XL outdoor gravity chairs listed on our site.
- Does not hold up to wear and tear well if left outdoors in bad weather. This is something that is often true for most zero gravity outdoor chairs and is fairly easy to avoid. If you make sure you fold the chair up for storage during bad weather you should find that you experience no problems with deterioration.